Thursday, May 22, 2014

Baby’s Got Back (spasms)

For the last two weeks, my lovely wife has suffered horribly with back spasms.  At times, her pain has been manageable.  Other times, it’s been unbearable.  The whole time, it’s been a huge pain in (and above) her ass.

A few days into it, we thought things might be getting better.  However, after spending 5 hours sitting in a metal chair designed by the Marquis De Sade at a “trivia night”… things took a turn for the worse.  The trouble started on her lower right side and has worked itself westward gaining valuable new real estate.  I’m no doctor, but I think the most accurate diagnosis for her current medical condition is… “DON’T F#@KING TOUCH ME!”    

Hers goes to 11.

The good news is… she’s (hopefully) starting to get better.  The bad news is… I used up my Dad “bag of tricks” for keeping the house and family in order about 3 days ago.  You see (and this won’t be a surprise to anyone who knows us), my wife carries 98% of the load in our house.  She cooks the majority of the meals.   She cleans the majority of the house.  She takes care of the majority of our kids.  For those of you wondering, my 2% consists of mowing the lawn, killing random spiders and resetting the clocks at daylight savings time (all of which she’s more capable of doing than I am, except the spider thing).

If it wasn’t for these guys, I’d be out on my ass.

She’s the heart, brains and soul of our family (basically she’s the whole body – except the lower back).  And if we didn't realize it fully before, we certainly know it now.  We need you.  We love you.  And, we hope you get well soon.

Well, time to run.  I have to figure out which cereal the boys and I are having for dinner tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment